Answered By: Harry L. Whitlock II
Last Updated: Jun 28, 2017     Views: 6

The easiest way to locate articles written by a faculty member is to search by their name. It is difficult to locate research articles by searching for their affiliated academic institution, especially since many UW faculty collaborate on articles with authors located at other universities.

In the ProQuest and EBSCO databases it is easy to set the search filter for "Author." The preferred format for the name is last name, first name. However, be aware that many academic journals combine the first and middle names of authors into two initials (e.g., Brown, AB).

In Web of Science, the preferred format is last name followed by the initial of the first name (e.g., Brown A).

For other databases, look at the options for filters in the search engine. If problems are encountered, contact the UW Libraries Help Desk.

Related FAQs

    Contact Us

    Email us

    Send a message to

    Schedule an appointment with us

    Set up an appointment with a subject librarian

    Text us 

    Text us at (307) 460-4336

    Live chat 

    Click on the chat icon located on the grey bar on the main library webpage

    Mail us 

    University of Wyoming Libraries
    Department 3334,
    1000 E. University Ave.
    Laramie, WY 82071

    Phone us 

    Help Desk 307-766-3190, 307-766-2070 or toll free 1-800-442-6757
    Geology Library 307-766-3374
    Special Collections 307-766-6245
    Learning Resource Center 307-766-2527
    Library Annex 307-766-6539
    Law Library 307-766-5737
    American Heritage Center 307-766-3756
    Reference services are available in all UW libraries.