Answered By: Harry L. Whitlock II Last Updated: Jun 30, 2017 Views: 8
No, there is not a single index to the numerous newspapers in the microfilm collection. The best place to locate specific newspapers on microfilm is to use the library catalog. Within the catalog you can filter for microforms or newspapers. Here is a brief tutorial:
- Click on the blue "catalog" icon on the rmain UW Libraries webpage.
- Click the green "Advanced Search" icon the bottom left of the catalog webpage.
- In the search boxes at the top of the form, enter keyword(s) such as the name of the newspapers.
- Scroll down and locate the "Material Type" box. Locate and select "Microform."
- If desired, specific dates may be entered in the "From" and "To" boxes located in the "Within" section.
- Click on the green "Submit" button located near the top right of the form.
- Results will be displayed on a new webpage.
A finding guide is available for Laramie area newspapers at the bottom of this library guide. Other information about finding newspapers in the UW Libraries' collection is included on the Newspapers tab of that library guide.
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule an appointment with us
Text us at (307) 460-4336
Click on the chat icon located on the grey bar on the main library webpage
University of Wyoming Libraries
1000 E. University Ave.
Laramie, WY 82071
|Coe Library Research Help||307-766-2070 or 1-800-442-6757|
Circulation Help Desk
|American Heritage Center||307-766-3756|
|Learning Resource Center||307-766-2527|