Answered By: Harry L. Whitlock II Last Updated: Jun 29, 2017 Views: 22
Various tutoring services for students are available. The Office of Academic Affairs and Student Success Services manages these services.
- STEP Tutoring: Free, drop-in tutoring services held at Coe Library Sunday through Thursday evenings (6 - 10 p.m.). Click this link for the schedule. Click this link to visit the STEP website.
- eTutoring: Web-based tutoring for a wide range of courses and for writing. Log on through WyoWeb by clicking the "eTutoring" link in the "Student Resources" box on the left side of the webpage. Or click this link to see the complete listing of services and to log on.
- Other UW Tutoring Resources: A wide range of services are available. Click this link for a full listing and details on how to access tutoring.
- Student Learning Center (SLC): Located in Washakie Center. This center offers a wide-variety of tutoring services. Click this link to view current offerings.
- Supplemental Instruction (SI): Tutoring sessions led by students who have taken the course. Click this link for current listing of courses and tutoring sessions.
- Academic Coaching: Walk-in help intended to provide students with information on how to navigate the university system and how to be a better student. Click this link for more information. on times and locations for help.
- Writing Center: 30-minute help sessions to discuss all aspects of writing. All sessions are by appointment during normal business hours during the week. The center is located in Coe Library, Room 302. Click this link for more information. (Note: The center does not offer proofreading services).
- Math Assistance Center (MAC): Free drop-in sessions for help with any math course. The center is located in the basement of Ross Hall in room 29. Complete information is available at this link. (Note: MAC tutoring services are continued in the evening as part of STEP).
- Oral Communication Center (OCC): By appointment sessions to help students with all aspects of public speaking. Appointments are held during the day at the OCC in Ross Hall room 442. Additional sessions are available through STEP in the evening. Click this link for more information.
- Engineering Tutoring: The engineering honorary Tau Beta Pi runs this program. Click this link for current information.
The library does provide research help. This link allows a student to submit a question to the university librarians. That link also has a search function for library FAQs. Library Guides are a useful place to begin a research project. Walk-up help is available at the Help Desk on Level 2 of Coe Library, the Geology Library, Library Annex, and Learning Resource Center. Help via a chat widget located on the main UW Libraries webpage is available. Appointments with subject matter librarians can be made via this webpage.
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule an appointment with us
Text us at (307) 460-4336
Click on the chat icon located on the grey bar on the main library webpage
University of Wyoming Libraries
1000 E. University Ave.
Laramie, WY 82071
|Coe Library Research Help||307-766-2070 or 1-800-442-6757|
Circulation Help Desk
|American Heritage Center||307-766-3756|
|Learning Resource Center||307-766-2527|