Answered By: Harry L. Whitlock II Last Updated: Apr 21, 2017 Views: 7
A few things could be the source of the problem.
1. You must be a currently enrolled UW student, faculty member, or staff member to access the subscription databases.
2. You must access the databases from a UW-based computer system (e.g., office or lab), or sign in from an off-campus location using the "proxy server." To sign in, click on the key-shaped "Log-In" icon located in the upper-right corner of UW Library webpages. Choose the option on the right. Sign in using your WyoWeb UW username and password.
3. Make sure you are using a web browser that works with our databases. Firefox or Chrome for Windows or Mac work best. Internet Explorer (IE) has been found to have problems displaying certain databases. Other web browsers such as Safari for Macs and iPads also work well. Make sure that the browser is the most current version to ensure Internet security and access to databases.
4. The majority of the time using the "Articles" search box on the library website works well to locate an article. This "Summon Search" interfaces with the hundreds of databases the library has to locate an article. However, sometimes an error prevents this from occurring and a message is displayed on a "Find It@UW" webpage. When this happens, the best option is to go search in the specific database listed on the "Find It@ UW" webpage.
5. If searching the specific database does not work, send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include as much of the following information as possible:
- Title of article.
- Author of article.
- Journal name.
- Date/Volume/Issue of journal.
- Method used to search (e.g., from "Articles" search box or from a specific database).
- Text of any error messages.
- A link to the webpage where the error is displayed.
- Operating system and browser used (e.g., Windows 10 with Firefox).
We will investigate the problem and try to get you access to the article.
Send a message to email@example.com
Schedule an appointment with us
Text us at (307) 460-4336
Click on the chat icon located on the grey bar on the main library webpage
University of Wyoming Libraries
1000 E. University Ave.
Laramie, WY 82071
|Coe Library Research Help||307-766-2070 or 1-800-442-6757|
Circulation Help Desk
|American Heritage Center||307-766-3756|
|Learning Resource Center||307-766-2527|