Answered By: Harry L. Whitlock II
Last Updated: Dec 11, 2017     Views: 12

The vast majority of historic material about UW Athletics is held by the America Heritage Center (AHC). They are not part of the University Libraries, but rather a separate organization of the university. They serve as the official repository of university records, plus hold donated papers.

The library lists the AHC collection in our catalog to assist researchers and the "University of Wyoming: Intercollegiate Athletics Records: 1920-2015" record is the best place to start: 

This is the link to the AHC webpage:   The best email to contact their research desk is

In addition, the UW yearbooks (The Wyo) have all been digitized by the library and are available at this link:  Use the drop-down "Collections" menu to access the yearbooks (The Wyo).

The "Special Collections" department has some UW specific holdings such as Branding Iron newspapers.

Related FAQs

    Contact Us

    Email us

    Send a message to

    Schedule an appointment with us

    Set up an appointment with a subject librarian

    Text us 

    Text us at (307) 460-4336

    Live chat 

    Click on the chat icon located on the grey bar on the main library webpage

    Mail us 

    University of Wyoming Libraries
    Department 3334,
    1000 E. University Ave.
    Laramie, WY 82071

    Phone us 

    Help Desk 307-766-3190, 307-766-2070 or toll free 1-800-442-6757
    Geology Library 307-766-3374
    Special Collections 307-766-6245
    Learning Resource Center 307-766-2527
    Library Annex 307-766-6539
    Law Library 307-766-5737
    American Heritage Center 307-766-3756
    Reference services are available in all UW libraries.