Answered By: Harry L. Whitlock II
Last Updated: May 03, 2017     Views: 89

If by access you mean using library-licensed databases:

  • Shortly after graduating you will lose access to WyoWeb and library databases, since these are licensed for current students, faculty and staff.
  • However, anyone can visit Coe Library and use public computers to access most of our library databases.
  • UW Alumni who register for WyoAlumni have access to a set of databases through the WyoAlumni Portal. See our Alumni Services Guide for more information.
  • Wyoming residents have remote access to even more databases than do alumni. Visit your local public library to get a library card. Ask about access to GoWYLD.

If by access you mean borrowing library material:

  • If you are a Wyoming resident, you can get a free library card to check out items. [Non-residents pay a $10 annual fee for a library card.]
  • Interlibrary loan and delivery services (Request It and Prospector) are available only to current UW students and employees. Similar services are available through your local public library.


Related FAQs

    Contact Us

    Email us

    Send a message to

    Schedule an appointment with us

    Set up an appointment with a subject librarian

    Text us 

    Text us at (307) 460-4336

    Live chat 

    Click on the chat icon located on the grey bar on the main library webpage

    Mail us 

    University of Wyoming Libraries
    Department 3334,
    1000 E. University Ave.
    Laramie, WY 82071

    Phone us 

    Help Desk 307-766-3190, 307-766-2070 or toll free 1-800-442-6757
    Geology Library 307-766-3374
    Special Collections 307-766-6245
    Learning Resource Center 307-766-2527
    Library Annex 307-766-6539
    Law Library 307-766-5737
    American Heritage Center 307-766-3756
    Reference services are available in all UW libraries.