Answered By: Coe Library Help Desk Last Updated: May 09, 2017 Views: 41
UW Information Technology has responsibility for computer equipment and access on campus. There are many computer labs around the UW campus. This link lists all the computer lab locations, current usage, and the type of equipment available at that location.
Coe Library has four computer labs with 133 computers intended for student use located on three levels.
- Level 1: 14 (Coe 100), the "basement" level of Coe
- Level 2: 30 at the front of the building (Coe 202, available 24/6.5) and 31 at the lab in the south half of the room (Coe 200, behind the open atrium). An IT Lab Assistant is available at that location for troubleshooting assistance with computers, accounts, and other technology questions.
- Level 3: 48 located by the windows (Coe 301) and 12 more located in the atrium of Level 3 (Coe 300).
- Clicking on the link for the computer lab in each of the above bullet points will provide a list of the computers and printers available at that lab. There is also a link to the "Current Usage" for that room.
- Click here to view the Current Usage map for all UW computer labs. Select the computer lab you wish to view from the drop-down menu located in the upper-left corner.
There are 17 study rooms equipped with computers that can be reserved in person, by phone, or online for up to four hours per day.
There are six public computers around the pillars on level 2, but these computers do not have all the software found on lab computers. The USB ports for these computers have been disabled as a security precaution. Access to the academic databases are available on the computers.
Finally, there are 15 PC and 10 Mac laptops available for in-library check-out at the Coe Circulation Help Desk (Level 2, adjacent to the hole in the floor).
Brinkerhoff Geology Library has eight student and two public computers available.
Library Annex has four public terminals but no student computers except for the systems in the two study rooms. There is a large student computer lab (Biological Sciences 37) located directly across the hall from the annex with 51 computers.
The Learning Resource Center (LRC) does not have computers for student use.
Send a message to email@example.com
Schedule an appointment with us
Text us at (307) 460-4336
Click on the chat icon located on the grey bar on the main library webpage
University of Wyoming Libraries
1000 E. University Ave.
Laramie, WY 82071
|Coe Library Research Help||307-766-2070 or 1-800-442-6757|
Circulation Help Desk
|American Heritage Center||307-766-3756|
|Learning Resource Center||307-766-2527|