Answered By: Coe Library Help Desk
Last Updated: May 19, 2017     Views: 21

Yes, it is possible provided the material is needed for a course or research. This library guide has information on how to request a rush order when submitting a book purchase request.

Specifically, this library guide states the following about "rush orders":

Faculty, staff members, and students are encouraged to recommend purchases or, in the case of electronic resources, licensing materials that would support their teaching, research, and other information needs.  The Libraries use a single online Request Form for books, journals, videos, recorded music or instructional kits. 

You will be asked to provide contact information so we can inform you what happens to your request.  If an item is needed for course reserve, please indicate that in the Additional Comments/Information section so we may rush the order.

Contact the Collection Development Office on Level 5 of Coe Library. You may also email them at or call them at 766-4296.

Related FAQs

    Contact Us

    Email us

    Send a message to

    Schedule an appointment with us

    Set up an appointment with a subject librarian

    Text us 

    Text us at (307) 460-4336

    Live chat 

    Click on the chat icon located on the grey bar on the main library webpage

    Mail us 

    University of Wyoming Libraries
    Department 3334,
    1000 E. University Ave.
    Laramie, WY 82071

    Phone us 

    Help Desk 307-766-3190, 307-766-2070 or toll free 1-800-442-6757
    Geology Library 307-766-3374
    Special Collections 307-766-6245
    Learning Resource Center 307-766-2527
    Library Annex 307-766-6539
    Law Library 307-766-5737
    American Heritage Center 307-766-3756
    Reference services are available in all UW libraries.