Answered By: Harry L. Whitlock II
Last Updated: Jan 21, 2020     Views: 0

The University of Wyoming (UW) Archives at the American Heritage Center is the official archive for UW. The ​UW records retention schedules, which are set and approved by the Wyoming State Records Committee, can be accessed on the University Archives website at the following URL:

Inactive permanent ​departmental records should be sent to the UW Archives at the AHC. The university archivist is Sara Davis. She is available to guide implementing the records retention schedules and help determine which records hold permanent historical value. Her contact email is and her phone is 307-766-6832. An alternate number is to the AHC Main Office at 307-766-4114 or email

More details about the University Archives and Records management program can be found at the following website:

For more information regarding records management, please use the following URL:

Records transfer guidelines can be accessed at the following webpage:

Records transfers require department head or administrative approval. Contact Sara Davis for any additional information and to schedule a consultation.

Related FAQs

    Contact Us

    Email us

    Send a message to

    Schedule an appointment with us

    Set up an appointment with a subject librarian

    Text us 

    Text us at (307) 460-4336

    Live chat 

    Click on the chat icon located on the grey bar on the main library webpage

    Mail us 

    University of Wyoming Libraries
    Department 3334,
    1000 E. University Ave.
    Laramie, WY 82071

    Phone us 

    Help Desk 307-766-3190, 307-766-2070 or toll free 1-800-442-6757
    Geology Library 307-766-3374
    Special Collections 307-766-6245
    Learning Resource Center 307-766-2527
    Library Annex 307-766-6539
    Law Library 307-766-5737
    American Heritage Center 307-766-3756
    Reference services are available in all UW libraries.