Answered By: Harry L. Whitlock II Last Updated: May 18, 2020 Views: 24
During the COVID-19 response, all UW Libraries are closed to students, faculty, staff, and the public. This includes getting print books from any of the main or branch libraries. However, we are working to ensure that faculty and students have the books and other items are available in digital format. Feel free to contact the Help Desk by phone (766-3190), email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or chat, or follow the steps outlined below.
Print book in UW Library:
- Check for available e-book in the library catalog: https://uwcatalog.uwyo.edu/
- Check in expanded access guide: https://uwyo.libguides.com/covid19expandedaccess
- If only part of a book is needed, complete an Interlibrary Loan (ILL) request: https://ill.uwyo.edu/logon.html. Specify which chapter(s) are needed. US Copyright law and the fair use doctrine limit number of chapters that can be provided.
- If book is not available, use the Request a Purchase form to ask that the e-book be purchased: https://www.uwyo.edu/libraries/research/find/forms/suggest.cfm
DVD or VHS in UW Library:
- Check for streaming option by searching catalog. The Advanced search option allows searching by specific media type (streaming): https://uwcatalog.uwyo.edu/
- If the film is not available at UW, use the Request a Purchase form to ask that the e-book be purchased. Provide information on the source and type (digital download, streaming, DVD, etc.): https://www.uwyo.edu/libraries/research/find/forms/suggest.cfm
- If no streaming version is available anywhere, contact the Help Desk. Under current interpretation of US Copyright Law and the Fair Use provision, it may be possible to rip the DVD into a digital format and upload the video onto a UW platform.
Book not owned by UW Libraries:
- Lending of print materials from other libraries through Prospector or Interlibrary Loan is currently suspended.
- Borrowing of some digital items such as ebooks is possible. Refer to this FAQ: https://uwyo.libanswers.com/faq/302669
- If part of a book is all that is needed, complete the Interlibrary Loan (ILL) form: https://ill.uwyo.edu/logon.html. Specify which chapter(s) are needed. US Copyright law and the fair use doctrine limits number of chapters that can be provided.
- If the item cannot be borrowed in digital format from another library, UW Libraries will attempt to purchase the item.
Microforms (microfilm or microfiche) listed in UW catalog:
- Use the Interlibrary Loan (ILL) form to request: https://ill.uwyo.edu/logon.html
- Ensure that a complete citation is provided. The "Options" section of each catalog entry has an ILL button. Click that button, sign in, and the citation will automatically be uploaded. Add additional information such as specific pages or other useful citation information.
- The library will scan the needed documents into a PDF.
- No searching services are available at this time.
Send a message to email@example.com
Schedule an appointment with us
Text us at (307) 460-4336
Click on the chat icon located on the grey bar on the main library webpage
University of Wyoming Libraries
1000 E. University Ave.
Laramie, WY 82071
|Help Desk||307-766-3190, 307-766-2070 or toll free 1-800-442-6757|
|Learning Resource Center||307-766-2527|
|American Heritage Center||307-766-3756|