Answered By: Cheryl Goldenstein Last Updated: May 05, 2017 Views: 2796
UW theses and dissertations are available two ways for UW students and faculty:
1. Online at Dissertations & Theses @ University of Wyoming. This method gives you access to our complete collection since UW stopped depositing print copies of theses in 2006. UW students and faculty can access the online theses from on-campus or off. Non-UW patrons can only access the online files from within the Libraries.
2. Bound theses and dissertions from 2006 and earlier are shelved on Coe level 1 in a hard-to-find location. Here are some directions but it maybe easier to ask for assistance at the Media Help Desk on that floor. Search the UW Libraries catalog by entering the title of the thesis/dissertation or author's name to locate the call number. If you have trouble locating the publication, try using the Advanced Search option (green icon at bottom of main catalog webpage). Select "Thesis/Diss." as a search filter in the "Material Type" box. Enter other information that you have. If you are still unable to locate the thesis, ask for help at the Coe Research Help Desk or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you locate the call number,
- Go to level 1 via the elevator or main stairs and find the main east-west aisle (with grey carpeting).
- Follow the aisle past the olive green portal to the public computer on your right.
- Go left between a wall and a row of shelving. Keep the wall on your right for several turns until you find three rows of shelving with brown and gold bound volumes. These are the theses and dissertations.
Additional dissertations from other universities are available at ProQuest Dissertations & Theses.
Send a message to email@example.com
Schedule an appointment with us
Text us at (307) 460-4336
Click on the chat icon located on the grey bar on the main library webpage
University of Wyoming Libraries
1000 E. University Ave.
Laramie, WY 82071
|Help Desk||307-766-3190, 307-766-2070 or toll free 1-800-442-6757|
|Learning Resource Center||307-766-2527|
|American Heritage Center||307-766-3756|