Answered By: Get Help from UW Libraries Research & Instruction Department
Last Updated: Jan 28, 2020     Views: 466

The UW Libraries do not have cameras or equipment to lend out. However, UW Information Technology Department does provide this camera (including video cameras), tripods, and related equipment for use by UW students, faculty, and staff.

Located in the ITC (Information Technology Center) on Sorority Row, the Central Student Technology Committee has funded digital camcorders, still cameras, and accessories that can be checked out for your recording needs. The items can be checked out from the Lab Assistant in the ITC 101 computer lab. Click this link to view the available kits and the checkout policies.

In addition to the recording equipment, the Central Student Technology Committee has also funded two high-end multimedia production stations. One of the stations is located in ITC 101A and the other is located in Coe Library in the computer lab on Level 1 (near rooms 116/118). These stations both allow users to edit and manipulate both photographs and videos. The stations also allow users to convert VHS videos to a digital format. More information and a listing of available applications can be found here.

Related FAQs

    Contact Us

    Email us

    Send a message to

    Schedule an appointment with us

    Set up an appointment with a subject librarian

    Text us 

    Text us at (307) 460-4336

    Live chat 

    Click on the chat icon located on the grey bar on the main library webpage

    Mail us 

    University of Wyoming Libraries
    Department 3334,
    1000 E. University Ave.
    Laramie, WY 82071

    Phone us 

    Help Desk 307-766-3190, 307-766-2070 or toll free 1-800-442-6757
    Geology Library 307-766-3374
    Special Collections 307-766-6245
    Learning Resource Center 307-766-2527
    Library Annex 307-766-6539
    Law Library 307-766-5737
    American Heritage Center 307-766-3756
    Reference services are available in all UW libraries.